In today’s blog post, we are going to break down your Wedding Countdown and Checklist. From 12 months out, until the day of the wedding, these are the things you need to consider. Here at KC Weddings 2 Go, we have several packages, to make your day truly special.
By breaking your wedding countdown down month by month, you’re able to complete small pieces of your planning, And won’t become overwhelmed with the process of it all.
12 months before Wedding:
– Determine your budget
– Make a guest list
– Choose wedding theme and date
– Narrow down a venue
These steps are crucial as they really are the foundation for your big day. All the rest is like icing on the cake.
11 months before Wedding:
– Hire vendors (especially the ones that book up early due to popularity
The companies and people you hire to help pull off your wedding will really make or break your special day. Hiring companies you don’t trust, or settling for a company you don’t love because you didn’t get in touch soon enough could really tarnish your memories. So make sure you get in contact and sign contracts early!
10 Months before Wedding:
– Start shopping for your wedding dress
– Book hotel block for guests if you are having a wedding with lots of out of town guests.
– Begin your wedding website (Here’s one of our favorite wedding website builders).
– Take engagement photos (If you haven’t done so already)
– Start looking at invitation ideas. Pinterest will be your best friends in your wedding planning process, so make sure to start pinning!
9 Months before Wedding:
– Time to say yes to the dress. Time to purchase that gown you chose. This will give lots of time for alterations.
– Send out save the dates.
8 Months before Wedding:
– Register for your gift registry
– Time to shop for bridesmaids’ dresses. This will give lots of time for the Bridesmaids to purchase and get needed alterations.
– Decide on florist
7 Months before Wedding:
– Book venue for rehearsal dinner.
– Make a decision about your wedding musicians.
– Order rental items. Many venues can help you with this process, so contact them!
– Hire an officiant. Make sure the person you hire aligns with your vision for your day.
5 Months before Wedding:
– Book transportation for your guests, if required.
– Book your wedding day transportation. Whether it be a hot rod, limo, etc. Here are some fun wedding day transportation ideas.
– Book the Honeymoon
– Buy or rent the groom’s tuxedo.
4 Months before Wedding:
– Have final catering testing. Make sure you are happy with the menu you have chosen!
– Cake tasting time! It’s time to decide on your wedding cake. Make sure it’s something you and your partner will love!
– Buy your wedding rings.
– Time for the groomsmen to shop for their attire. Make sure to schedule follow up fittings.
– Find a hair and makeup artist. Book a trial is so important, so you know what to expect on the day of your wedding.
3 Months before Wedding:
– Order your wedding invitations.
– Brainstorm your guest favors (here is a link to some creative wedding favors)
– Meet with your officiant, and discuss readings and vows.
– Start writing those vows, especially if you are not the most creative writer, this will allow you time to really make them special.
– If you are doing any DIY’s for your wedding, now is the time to start crafting. (Remember what we said earlier, Pinterest is your best friend).
2 Months before Wedding:
– Send wedding invitations.
– First dress fitting
– Pick up your marriage license
– Purchase gifts for your wedding party.
– Meet with florist again to confirm wedding florals.
– Give song selections to your band/DJ.
The month before the Wedding:
– Assemble party favors
– Pay vendors in full
– Now that you’re receiving your rsvp’s, start assembling a seating plan!
– Order place cards.
– Have a final venue walk-through.
Final Weeks- The countdown is on!
– Last-minute aesthetic appointments (hair, nails, tows, brows, waxing, etc.)
– Have your final dress fitting.
– Pack your bags for your honeymoon.
– Contact any RSVP procrastinators.
– Finish writing your vows.
The night before the Wedding:
– Eat a healthy breakfast
– Drink lots of water
– Get a good night’s sleep
Congratulations! You’ve made it. Now take a breath, and enjoy your day. These are the memories you will remember for the rest of your life. We hope this post on Wedding Countdown and Checklist was helpful in assisting you in your wedding planning.